3.04.2010

die Reise

In German, die Reise is translated as the Journey.

Journeys are very important. They are the act of travel or passage. Moving from one location to another. Some journeys last only a matter of minutes. While others last a lifetime. While the final destination of the journey is important, it is not the most important.
One important component of the a journey is the trip itself: What do I see along the way? Who is with me? Are they permanent members of the trip? Or are they just catching a ride? What am I learning? How am I being challenged? What have I lost? What have I gained? How is this journey shaping me? All of these are questions that are asked and should be answered as one take their Journey in life.

The most important questions to be answered is why you are taking the Journey. Is it for selfish gain? Is it to be recognized by those around me? Is it to prove something? Is it to find worth in who I am? The answer to these is: No. The reason for the Journey is found in Jesus Christ. He has to be the reason for the Journey. Without Him, it's all worthless. It is only in Him that we have gain, find recognition, and worth.

That. Is the reason for my Journey. To find my gain, recognition and worth in Christ.

What's your Reise?

No comments: